116 & West, a full-service advertising agency in Boise, is seeking an Accounting/Media Assistant. The primary area of responsibility for this position is to provide support and coordination in the accounting department, servicing all of 116 & West’s clients. This includes maintaining a high level of awareness and organization with client activities, detail-oriented management, and professional communication with key client and billing contacts.
The individual who fills this position must be driven and exemplify strong leadership qualities, as well as fit into the agency’s established culture that promotes autonomy with results.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accounts receivable/billing
- Media reporting and reconciliations
- STRATA media software radio and TV media billing
- Coordination between media and accounting departments
- Client budget/billing reports
- Supporting agency operations including the accounting and media department as necessary
Education & Training
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or relevant experience. Small business and media or agency experience is preferred. This is a long-term position with room for advancement as knowledge increases and proof of performance is achieved.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage a wide variety of tasks at one time with a strong emphasis on detail
- Have a knowledge of billing and accounting processes & principles and the necessary operational environment including management and reporting
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- STRATA and Advantage software experience preferred
- Understand Accounts Payable, Intermediate Data Entry Numeric, Intermediate Data Entry Alphanumeric, Accounts Receivable, Advanced Microsoft Excel, Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be well organized, self-directed, detail oriented, and thorough
- Perform while working necessary hours according to reporting/billing timelines
- Be able to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Maintain a professional appearance and persona
- Be a responsible team player
- Experience in broadcasting industry preferred but not required
About the Agency
116 & West builds rewarding relationships and successful brands with integrity, confidence, and accountability. We sustain a fun and productive environment absent the roadblocks of ego and complacency, proving that brilliant marketing can be both pragmatic and bold.
To apply, please fill out the following form with your contact information. Then attach your resume and cover letter.