WordPress / Silverstripe CMS
Front-End Web Developer
116 & West is looking for a front-end developer who can build clean, customized, accessible, and fully-optimized web and mobile-based experiences based on usability and performance. We tailor our sites to our clients’ goals and strategy, using research, insights, and UX best practices to drive development. Interested? Read on.
We are looking for a front-end web developer to primarily support the Boise office. This individual has experience building websites within the WordPress CMS focused on performance, and is dynamic in their approach to development. The ideal candidate is someone who is collaborative, a proactive problem solver, understands UX, SEO, and WCAG accessibility best practices, has a strong eye for aesthetic design, and can build and maintain websites for a variety of clients.
The best candidate has a strong desire to work at an ad agency, and thrives in a fast-paced environment with deadline driven deliverables. They enjoy working with a variety of clients and have strong ambition, adaptability, and a passion for continuous improvement. This person doesn’t shy away from challenges, feedback, and the ever-evolving digital landscape.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or professional training certificate
- Experience and portfolio strength outweigh education or degree
- Other relevant certifications/awards are a plus
Experience and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years proficiency in website programming languages: HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP
- A portfolio demonstrating clean and compliant code
- Proven experience in WordPress development–must be familiar with developing custom themes and plugins using JS and PHP best practices. Silverstripe experience is a plus.
- A thorough understanding of UX best practices, key website design principles, user interfaces, accessibility standards, SEO optimization, and testing methodologies
- Ability to accurately estimate development project hours and deliver websites within the estimated budget and timeline
- Ability to test and debug websites
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (bonus points for Adobe XD and After Effects)
- Knowledge of grid-based CSS frameworks (Bootstrap)
- Must have experience with hosting and DNS management–candidates should know their way around the MAMP stack
- Knowledge and experience developing and testing websites that achieve WCAG 2.1 accessibility requirements
- Ability to write functional requirement documents and specifications, and lead client website training tutorials
- A genuine interest in the latest technological developments in the industry to include HTML5, CSS3, and mobile web and application development
- Experience using task management software, such as Asana, is a plus
Reports to: Digital Director
- Open to full-time or contract
- Full-time: in-office with work remote Fridays
- Contract: in-office or remote option
- Hours: 9-5pm MST
A few of the perks:
- Premium downtown office locations
- Health insurance (including vision and dental)
Applicants must include a formal cover letter and resume (document format accepted: PDF). Please include links to your portfolio and examples of your professional work.
To apply, please fill out the following form with your contact information. Then attach your resume and cover letter.