116 & West is seeking a UX/UI Designer who is responsible for the strategy and creative execution of high-quality website experiences that are aligned with UX best practices and our client’s goals. This role loves strategy as much as creativity and takes pride in creating effective, high-performing websites.
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for designing our client’s websites from the earliest conception through the final launch. As our web designer, you will get to know our clients, understand their goals, and take design and functionality requirements with user experience best practices to create mock-ups and design layouts while focusing on usability, visual appeal, and technical feasibility. Working closely with the front-end developer, you will create intentional, intuitive, strategic, website experiences that engage the target audience.
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for the information architecture, user experience, and creative visual design of our client’s website projects. This role is an expert in responsive design that works seamlessly across devices and browsers. This person also understands UX for SEO and WCAG website accessibility guidelines for design.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Execute the strategy phase of the website including: designing the sitemap, determining the information architecture, and creating wireframes
- Owning and executing the design (UI) phase of the website including: designing visual layouts and pages for mobile, desktop, and tablet devices
- Understand the client’s brand strategy and create cohesive, consistent, branded customer experiences through websites for our clients
- Understands how a website CMS (WordPress, Silverstripe) works in the back end to be able to design layouts that are budget-friendly and effective
- Designing creative assets for web: graphics, icons, logos, animations, videos
- Adhering to WCAG 2.1 Accessibility Guidelines for website design
- Working with front-end developers to ideate, implement, and fine-tune visual elements and functionality of websites
- Content entry/page building in the WordPress/Silverstripe CMS
- Other duties as assigned
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, interactive/web design, UX/UI design or related field
- Certification and/or concentration in UX/UI design preferred
- 1-3 years of digital UX/website design experience with an outstanding portfolio
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite especially XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- An understanding of CMS website development
- Expert in SEO best practices for UX and website design
- Logo animation skills or willingness to learn / video editing for web, a plus
- Ability to interpret Google analytics, trends, and search console data and make strategic recommendations based on insights
- Proven ability designing websites that comply with WCAG 2.1 Accessibility standards
- Previous agency experience, a plus
- Must have functional abilities in Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Docs and Sheets
Other details and benefits:
- Full-remote available
- If located in Boise, in-office downtown location
- Work from home option every Friday
- Health insurance (medical, vision, dental)
- Monthly parking stipend
Fill out the form below and upload your resume and cover letter (file format accepted: .pdf). Please also include active links to your portfolio. Submissions without work examples will not be considered.
If you believe you’re an excellent fit and have a great personality, but you lack the full 1-3 years of prior experience or any item listed above, don’t fret. Let us know in your cover letter. Be transparent. We expect integrity in the team and respect individuality.
To apply, please fill out the following form with your contact information. Then attach your resume and cover letter.