Junior Integrated Media Buyer
116 & West, a full-service advertising firm in the heart of downtown Boise, is looking for a Junior Integrated Media Buyer. Ideally, this candidate can work in a fast-paced, results-oriented atmosphere. (Nineties-era television show knowledge a plus.) The successful candidate for this role is also detail oriented, a strategic thinker, task oriented, possesses strong communication and negotiation skills, and has a working knowledge of Excel. We’d also love to see previous experience in a media-related field. We’d love to see experience with the Strata Media buying software, digital space (across paid, owned and earned mediums), Google AdWords and Marketing Research.
The Junior Integrated Media Buyer will have overarching ownership of the media buys, billing and executions for our clients, in addition reporting for our clients and working with internal teams and media partners. Lots of responsibility? Oh yeah. Lots of fun? Oh yeah. This role reports directly to the Director of Integrated Media and will work closely with the Client Service Team, Accounting Team, and Digital Team, as well as the rest of the integrated media department to make strategic recommendations, as well as ensure daily campaign management, reporting analysis, and optimization of all marketing and media plans and strategies.
The individual who fills this position must be driven to excel and exemplify strong leadership qualities. We’re also looking for a person who can fit into our agency’s established culture (which is awesome, clearly). As a company, we promote our employees’ autonomy and growth endeavors to achieve results.
- Manage day-to-day executions of paid media campaigns. This includes placement of print, television, radio, out-of-home, site-direct placements, Hulu/OTT, Pandora, Google AdWords, programmatic advertising, social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter,) etc. as directed by Director of Integrated Media
- Negotiate with media partners to maximize budget, manage promotional opportunities
- Track ongoing campaign performance, schedule adjustments due to pre-emptions and makegoods, and optimize campaigns accordingly, ensuring that correct audiences are reached, objectives are achieved and budgets are met
- Manage and approve media invoices and reconcile discrepancies in conjunction with accounting department
- Research available vendors, analyze most efficient radio stations, TV programs, print vehicles and emerging digital media available
- Make strategic recommendations on media prospects and stay current on ongoing media trends and opportunities
Education and Training:
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience. This is a long-term position with room for advancement as employee improves knowledge and proves excellence in performance. At 116 & West, opportunities for success are many. To achieve this position, the candidate will need to be able to manage a wide variety of tasks at one time, with a strong emphasis on detail. Relevant experience as a media buyer or in a related media field is preferred.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a major self-starter. We cannot emphasize this enough!
- Be detail oriented, well-organized, self-directed, and thorough, as well as be able to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Have a passion for all things media, and an understanding of the ever-changing media landscape.
- Perform while working necessary hours according to media & reporting/billing timelines
- Have a deep interest in professional growth, including (but not limited to) professional development through trainings, classes, certifications and conferences.
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Maintain a professional appearance and persona
- Be a responsible team player
- Have a thorough understanding of different media outlets and be well versed in all media platforms.
- Have a love for research, analytics and loves to make some fancy spreadsheets and PowerPoints
- Like dogs
Reports to: Director of Integrated Media
To apply please fill out the following form with your contact information, resume and cover letter.